50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
★ SonicFreak ★
Admin

Rings : 269
Fave Character : Rouge the Bat

PostSubject: Japanese vs American Classic Sonic   Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:46 pm

While the debate over Classic vs Modern Sonic goes on. What about the debate about Classic American vs Classic Japanese Sonic? Which classic version is your favorite?

CLASSIC AMERICAN VS CLASSIC JAPANESE COMPARISONS

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 1

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 3

SONIC ANIMATION STYLE

Overall, based off the classic eras, the Japanese design (based off Oshima Naoto's deisgn), aged pretty well. The classic American design (based off Greg Martin's design) looks really outdated and 90s. In fact the design of American Sonic reminds me of the 90s Disney cartoon designs.

As far as my favorite, I'm pretty stuck in the middle. I like the clean and sharp design of Japanese Sonic. But I like the color and life of the American design.

Maybe if both designs were fused together, it would be a dope design for Classic Sonic. That's what I kinda did with my drawing artstyle for Sonic.

But if I were to choose just one, I would probably roll with the American Design of Sonic, because it was always colorful compared to Japanese version.

What's your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sonicfreak.forumotion.com
BlazerKen94
★ E-Rank ★
★ E-Rank ★

Rings : 228
Fave Character : Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Japanese vs American Classic Sonic   Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:14 am

me personally while the american classic sonic is more nostalgic for me, I always liked the Japanese classic sonic better. To me aside from design differences, everything pertaining to his japanese style actually followed the style and theme of the games back then a little more. I mean sure the US sonic did kind of the same thing but not in terms in of an actual story and plot similar to the games like the JAP did. using Satam [USA] and the sonic OVA[JAP] as examples, Satam sorta did follow the main aspect of the games in a way with sonic trying to stop eggman (or robotnik) from trying to take over everything but not in the sense of how the games depicted it, where as in the Sonic OVA, It had the theme, style and feel that most (Or at least myself anyway) would get out of the main Sonic series and did follow the aspect of the games and while it's not an exact adaption of the main games, it still had and kept the sonic formula. I'm not putting nothing down or anything on the US Design for classic sonic but it's these small little things on why I prefer the Japanese Version of classic sonic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
★ RetroBunnie ★
★ C-Rank ★
★ C-Rank ★

Rings : 129
Fave Character : Bunnie Rabbot

PostSubject: Re: Japanese vs American Classic Sonic   Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:25 pm

I prefer the American Sonic over the Japanese Sonic since he's hilarious, cool, and much more popular in America during the 90s. Furthermore, many fans respect the American Sonic due to the media and video games.

PostSubject: Re: Japanese vs American Classic Sonic   

Back to top Go down

Japanese vs American Classic Sonic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
★ SonicFreak Forums ★ :: ★ Sonic Zone ★ :: General Sonic Discussion-
Jump to: