★ SonicFreak Forums ★
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level Rules11[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level Ranks11HomePortalLatest images[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level Downlo10RegisterLog inSearch
Discord
Official YouTube
SonicFreak
Support SF Forums on YouTube and Subscribe for Sonic videos!
Download Updates
Latest topics
» FORUM CLOSED
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 7:13 pm by ★ SonicFreak ★

» Recommend An Anime Thread
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 11:50 pm by BlazerKen94

» Sonic Nexus
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 2:21 am by BlazerKen94

» #SonicManiaChallenge
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:52 pm by BlazerKen94

» RetroBunnie Art Thread
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 6:38 pm by ★ RetroBunnie ★

» Sonic Dreams Collection
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:23 pm by Twistafreak321

» [Sonic 2 GG/MS] Sonic 2 LD
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 1:57 am by BlazerKen94

» Hey I'm Ravenfreak!
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 4:43 pm by ★ RetroBunnie ★

» The Happy Birthday Thread
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 10:34 pm by Gusty

Featured Projects
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level Scd10
[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level Gta11
Sonic Resources

Keywords
1 (ELT(3550=3550,1))),0x7178787171,FLOOR(RAND(0)*2)) 30 revenge sonic (ELT(5750=5750,1))),0x7178787171,FLOOR(RAND(0)*2))

[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlazerKen94
★ E-Rank ★
★ E-Rank ★
BlazerKen94

Rings : 228
Fave Character : Shadow

[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level Empty
PostSubject: [Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level   [Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 pm

So for anybody that plays sonic hacks daily like me, then you also might know that the week for this years sonic hacking contest is nearly right around the corner, but as some do every year, some contestants put up their entries a bit earlier than others and with this one being one of them, this might be something that may be of interest to some. I know it was for me. once again from the ever so great sonic hacker Markeyjester and from the official post as he goes into details about the hack itself, here is what was posted
Quote :

[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level S1NXL_Logo

>>> Blast through powerful air-tubes, >>> around exploding platforms, >>> ride bicycles with anti gravity >>> then get sucked into an empty void and face your enemy!! >>> Have you ever played Sonic The Hedgehog on a different planet?! >>>

Remember the time that I said to you, that I was done?  Well guess what, I lied!  The initial plan was to submit something to the homebrew contest, a sort of new homebrew ROM I had been working on through the duration of the year.  Unfortunately I had the strong suspicion that I would not have it done before the deadline.  So, the last three months of the contest were spent on making a Sonic 1 hack specifically for the contest, since I don't normally submit to the contest I felt the urge and necessity to do so.

This hack features a new level with three acts.  The artwork is 100% original with exception to the obvious Sonic 1 stuff from the original game.  The music on the other hand is not, some of the music is SMPS based, some of it is PCM tracker based using a new special sound driver.  I won't name the origins as I have a donation drive going on at Retro, but I shall update them as they are discovered.

And a final note, probably the most important one, the credits (lest we forget):

-> 3rd Act Layout - Gallium Grant.
-> Gameplay Testers - iojnekns, snkenjoi, EditChris
-> Bug finders - DAGarden, qiuu, Selbi, SonicVaan

Download
And a gameplay video from markey himself for those who wants a preview of what it looks like
Back to top Go down

[Sonic 1] Sonic The Hedgehog: The Next Level
Page 1 of 1