★ SonicFreak Forums ★
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a short intro and backstory  Rules11Just a short intro and backstory  Ranks11HomePortalLatest imagesJust a short intro and backstory  Downlo10RegisterLog inSearch
Discord
Official YouTube
SonicFreak
Support SF Forums on YouTube and Subscribe for Sonic videos!
Download Updates
Latest topics
» FORUM CLOSED
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 7:13 pm by ★ SonicFreak ★

» Recommend An Anime Thread
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 11:50 pm by BlazerKen94

» Sonic Nexus
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 2:21 am by BlazerKen94

» #SonicManiaChallenge
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:52 pm by BlazerKen94

» RetroBunnie Art Thread
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 6:38 pm by ★ RetroBunnie ★

» Sonic Dreams Collection
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:23 pm by Twistafreak321

» [Sonic 2 GG/MS] Sonic 2 LD
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 1:57 am by BlazerKen94

» Hey I'm Ravenfreak!
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 4:43 pm by ★ RetroBunnie ★

» The Happy Birthday Thread
Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 10:34 pm by Gusty

Featured Projects
Just a short intro and backstory  Scd10
Just a short intro and backstory  Gta11
Sonic Resources

Keywords
(ELT(3550=3550,1))),0x7178787171,FLOOR(RAND(0)*2)) 30 (ELT(5750=5750,1))),0x7178787171,FLOOR(RAND(0)*2)) sonic revenge 1

Just a short intro and backstory

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Curry
★ New Member ★
★ New Member ★
Curry

Rings : 4
Fave Character : Amy

Just a short intro and backstory  Empty
PostSubject: Just a short intro and backstory    Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 4:05 am

Hey. Im curry. im 21 years old and im from illinois. as a person, i think ive always had a bit of a knack for music. when i was like 12, i picked up my friends guitar, and at the time i had no idea what i was doing lol, but all i did was just remember a song i heard and i spent quite a while trying to figure out which notes to play to make it sound the way it was supposed to yknow. after a while i got it :p thats something ive always done; just kinda sit with an instrument and mess with until i figure out how to play it. ive played drums  since i was 17 i think, with no lessons mind you. im not great but i think keeping rhythm is something a lot struggle with. i joined the military last march, and during basic training, i kept having these really weird thoughts. literally these amazing melodies just kinda popped into my head whenever i was laying down relaxing or something, and i had kept note of them in my notebook. i wrote down all the ideas i had so id remember what the melody i thought of sounded like. once i had a good 2 pages or so of ideas, i knew right then and there i wanted to make my own music. so i set a goal to myself to make every single one of them. i have no idea how to work fl studio (or any other music making program for that matter :p), but i think with time, ill figure it out and hopefully make something great. thanks.
Back to top Go down
KingSonic
★ E-Rank ★
★ E-Rank ★
KingSonic

Rings : 64
Fave Character : Sonic lol

PostSubject: Re: Just a short intro and backstory    Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 4:23 am

Hey curry :) Welcome to the forums :saemer2:

lol i tried that once with a toy piano and taught myself a song too dkm and the random melodies stuff that happens also. I also am trying to learn how to work fl studio too, it'll take some time but seeing as u love music it'll be fun. Can't wait to hear those melodies u have prepared.

And lol military huh? Hows that
Back to top Go down
Curry
★ New Member ★
★ New Member ★
Curry

Rings : 4
Fave Character : Amy

PostSubject: Re: Just a short intro and backstory    Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 11:26 am

military is just like any other 9 to 5 job really :p im a welder btw. and yea i definitely need to experiment and find the ins and outs of fl studio because more often than not, ill start working on something and end up messing up or something and not know how to fix it :p
Back to top Go down
DJ Lo-Key
★ New Member ★
★ New Member ★
DJ Lo-Key

Rings : 0
Fave Character : Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Just a short intro and backstory    Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 1:30 pm

i know how you feel fl just takes practice and learning and time i look at many youtube videos to see how to improve my sound
Back to top Go down
KingSonic
★ E-Rank ★
★ E-Rank ★
KingSonic

Rings : 64
Fave Character : Sonic lol

PostSubject: Re: Just a short intro and backstory    Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 1:44 pm

Curry wrote:
military is just like any other 9 to 5 job really :p im a welder btw. and yea i definitely need to experiment and find the ins and outs of fl studio because more often than not, ill start working on something and end up messing up or something and not know how to fix it :p

Lool oh word, and yea right? It's the same with me too right now, i started on a couple projects n then i would mess up the beat somehow by puttin too much or somthin aha and yea like lokey said youtube has almost everything now lol and SF has a video on youtube that gives a nice review on it too

you should check it out, and hopefully you can enter in the next beat making contest

Back to top Go down
★ SonicFreak ★
Admin
★ SonicFreak ★

Rings : 269
Fave Character : Rouge the Bat

PostSubject: Re: Just a short intro and backstory    Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Curry wrote:
Hey. Im curry. im 21 years old and im from illinois. as a person, i think ive always had a bit of a knack for music. when i was like 12, i picked up my friends guitar, and at the time i had no idea what i was doing lol, but all i did was just remember a song i heard and i spent quite a while trying to figure out which notes to play to make it sound the way it was supposed to yknow. after a while i got it :p thats something ive always done; just kinda sit with an instrument and mess with until i figure out how to play it. ive played drums  since i was 17 i think, with no lessons mind you. im not great but i think keeping rhythm is something a lot struggle with. i joined the military last march, and during basic training, i kept having these really weird thoughts. literally these amazing melodies just kinda popped into my head whenever i was laying down relaxing or something, and i had kept note of them in my notebook. i wrote down all the ideas i had so id remember what the melody i thought of sounded like. once i had a good 2 pages or so of ideas, i knew right then and there i wanted to make my own music. so i set a goal to myself to make every single one of them. i have no idea how to work fl studio (or any other music making program for that matter :p), but i think with time, ill figure it out and hopefully make something great. thanks.

What's up? Welcome to the forums. I see you're really music heavy with a nice background history.
I wish you the best of luck with your music endeavors.

Since this is a Sonic forum, I hope you're somewhat of a fan of the Sonic series (didn't see anything mentioned about your history with Sonic).
But aside from that, that's cool.

I need to open up an Off-Topic Section on the site to encourage more music discussion like this.
(*Notes to self)
Back to top Go down
https://sonicfreak.forumotion.com
DJ Stompaddict
★ Regular Member ★
★ Regular Member ★
DJ Stompaddict

Rings : 22
Fave Character : Vegeta

PostSubject: Re: Just a short intro and backstory    Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:42 pm

I don't post shitz to the tube or anywhere unless it's perfect. :Timestone2: Well my soundcloud is a bit questionable...need to upload some new stuff there. But a perfectionist mindset is a producer trait that is absolutely needed if you want to make it in the industry. That's why I ain't got too many vids yet. Well I also didn't start posting anything until I entered DJ Sonicfreak's contest.... figured it was the perfect time to start. ESPECIALLY if you get to work with him. I shit my pants when I saw that shit.... :s2hover:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a short intro and backstory    Just a short intro and backstory  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a short intro and backstory
Page 1 of 1