★ SonicFreak Forums ★
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? Rules11Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? Ranks11HomePortalLatest imagesSonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? Downlo10RegisterLog inSearch
Discord
Official YouTube
SonicFreak
Support SF Forums on YouTube and Subscribe for Sonic videos!
Download Updates
Latest topics
» FORUM CLOSED
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 7:13 pm by ★ SonicFreak ★

» Recommend An Anime Thread
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 11:50 pm by BlazerKen94

» Sonic Nexus
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 2:21 am by BlazerKen94

» #SonicManiaChallenge
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:52 pm by BlazerKen94

» RetroBunnie Art Thread
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 6:38 pm by ★ RetroBunnie ★

» Sonic Dreams Collection
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:23 pm by Twistafreak321

» [Sonic 2 GG/MS] Sonic 2 LD
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 1:57 am by BlazerKen94

» Hey I'm Ravenfreak!
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 4:43 pm by ★ RetroBunnie ★

» The Happy Birthday Thread
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 10:34 pm by Gusty

Featured Projects
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? Scd10
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? Gta11
Sonic Resources

Keywords
30 (ELT(3550=3550,1))),0x7178787171,FLOOR(RAND(0)*2)) sonic revenge 1 (ELT(5750=5750,1))),0x7178787171,FLOOR(RAND(0)*2))

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? Empty
PostSubject: Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game?   Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game? Sonic-3-and-Knuckles1

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles combine to create Sonic 3 & Knuckles when you insert one game into the other. This was all thanks to SEGA’s lock-on technology, except that technology was actually kind of a sham. You see, Sonic 3 & Knuckles was originally one game but was too big to fit on one cartridge. So SEGA split the game up into two parts, with the data for Sonic and Tails along with the first half of the game on one cartridge and the data for Knuckles along with the second half of the game on the other. Connecting the two would just give you access to the full original game. Connecting the game to Sonic 2 would simply cause Sonic & Knuckles to load Sonic 2’s stage data along with the Knuckles character data. This is why Eggman wouldn’t be wearing his robot mask in the Knuckles version of Sonic 2. This is also why no other game worked with Sega’s supposed lock-on technology.
Back to top Go down

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Same Game?
Page 1 of 1